October 15, 2009

Randomness

Remember I wrote about how cold it has gotten?! It's colder today. I don't believe it. I know, I know, it's absolutely silly to talk about the weather but I just can't stand this anymore. I want sunshine and a bit warmer temps (hello?! It is October after all, and not bitter January). Oh well. I only have one option to go with...and the more I'm thinking and looking and dreaming and hoping the more I'm convinced I am doing the right thing. More to that one hopefully later on...when I have more news on my "invisible" future...

And if you were thinking of what I ate yesterday after my food search debacle around 2pm...I ended up buying an avocado (one of the last ones over here I'm sure) and ate it all with a nice slice of wheat toast (that is what I meant by tiny sandwich), cranberry juice, and later on some hot green tea. Weird combination but oh well...at least I got to eat my lunch.
I also got to read some of my emails and I found this and was so excited. Unfortunately, I don't live there anymore which makes me sad. Then again, next time I'm in town I'm going to have some coffee and at least one apricot croissant. Or something completely else but just seeing this makes me pack my suitcase already!

Oh, and let me introduce you to my new best friends...Pembe!
I absolutely love her ability to amaze me, she's cute, very intelligent, fast, and just perfect.

Isn't she a beauty?! I think she is! ;)
Ok, yes, I bought this camera. I know there are a hundred others out there, probably even better and all but for what I need this one it is definitely enough. I'm no pro when it comes to taking pictures (even though deep within I wish I was one). And, this little pinkish lady (see? Pink is still my color, now in a slightly darker shade) is just way better than my old camera. I miss Olympia a lot but this one, Pembe, is going to be my new best friend. And the old friend? She was proudly handed over to my mom. She so needs to start taking pictures again. She used to, I wonder why she stopped. Either way...I'm excited about my buy, and...the worst (or maybe best) part was that the one I'm now calling my new best friend was actually the last one available. It just came out over here, and when I went and asked for the camera they shyly told me that they only had one left. "Thank you, I'll get that one...One is certainly enough!"

Happy Thursday!


Picture credit goes to www.nikonusa.com


P.s. Pembe stands for pink in Turkish. Ha!

5 comments :

paddle to shore said...

YUM! Avocados are pretty much my FAVORITE food ever. I make so many different things with avocados including Face masks. Soo GOOD!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I have that same camera and it is fantastic!!!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I'm so glad to hear this (about the camera)! So exciting. And I do love Avocados, too. ;)

Mara said...

congrats on your new camera!!

Skyes Scribbles said...

i like your new camera! as long as you like it and like how it shoots then that is all that matters!

Avocado sandwhich sounds quite yummy! i could eat avocados all day long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...