October 19, 2009

Wedding

No, I'm not getting married...as you know, I still have to find Mr. Right (or he has to find me...) but I just had the weirdest dream ever. It was actually about two nights ago or more that I simply dreamed about my very own wedding. It was such a vivid dream that when I woke up around 7am I thought it really did happen. People were in it I don't even think I would invite, my godmother was in it, not-so-close friends, and there was a cabin, snow and I was walking barefoot through the city/town (whatever it was). It's still so vivid I could swear this happened to me! I see the stairs in that cabin/house/reception area...the people, the stage, you name it. It drives me crazy. So, I went to dreammoods.com and found the following describtions:
Wedding
To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. They reflect your issues about commitment and independence.�Alternatively, your wedding dream refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Such dreams are often negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. If you dream that the wedding goes wrong or ends in disaster, then it suggests that there is more negativity that needs to be dealt with.

This is so true I'm going to freak out. I am in transition in my current life, not really knowing where the heck I'm going or what I'm doing. And, as of having a quarter-life-crisis aka summer/fall misery I do have feelings of bitterness and sorrow (scratch the death part please). The wedding in my dream doesn't go wrong so I'm good. Then it also said:

To dream that you are planning your own wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side. Two previously conflicting aspects are merging together as one.

I definitely need balance...and if my cousin reads this she's going to jump like a crazy person because she kept on telling me that all my confused soul needs is balance to get rid of my slightly aggressive side. She'd love to hear this. She's flying back to the UK as of maybe right now, so she might read this later on.
And well, the barefoot part in my dream meant:

Barefoot
To dream that you are barefoot, represents your playful attitudes and relaxed, carefree frame of mind. You have a firm grasp and good understanding on a situation. Alternatively, it may indicate poverty, lack of mobility, or misunderstanding. You have low self-esteem and lack confidence in yourself. Or you may be dealing with issues concerning your self-identity.

Oh boy...ok, I do admit I have a carefree frame of mind, and also playful attitudes. Sounds like me again, the slight hippie. ;) I also have a very good understanding on what is going on with me, however, I can't work on it so there we go with the lack of mobility and lack of confidence in myself. And yes, I'm dealing with self-identity issues (who isn't at some point in their life). Whether or not that dreammoods site is correct it sort of gives you a quick interpretation on what your dream (your inner psyche) wanted to tell you.
So, what should I conclude?! I'm a mess with some sort of a hopeful future?!

I also had a weird dream last night but this time it was one of those dreams you can't remember. But it must have been a disturbing one because I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep for at least two full hours. My heart was racing and I just knew it was a bad dream. So, today I'm going to bed with the following "wish": (source: photobucket)

4 comments :

Velo said...

sweet topic... wedding. =)
i hope i can be a pretty bride for my "comingsoon" boyfriend.

Mara said...

I love analyzing my dreams! Some of them are just so weird though. Happy Monday!! xox

The SSS Sophisticate said...

I can totally relate! About a year ago I was going through this weird dream phase and at least once a week I was having a dream that I was getting married and something about it was a complete disaster! At least we get to wake up!

Skyes Scribbles said...

Oh you make me laugh! i need to go to that site. i always have dreams and wonder what they mean! It's ok to be a mess! and your future is hopeful! no worries! just ride life out right now! hold on tight! it can be a pain! or mine can be. ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...