October 12, 2009

What's cookin'?!

Once I start cooking it actually means I'm cooking.
For once...it is quite a terribly gray day today...most of the time it's raining and this strong winds just keeps coming back bringing more cool air...not my favorite at all. Then, whatever I touched/used/walked on today turned out either broken, crooked, half-broken, sprained, hit, bruised, torn, younameit. Apparently it's not my day. This can happen and is quite normal. It's just that I need a good laugh, some distraction, tons of fun and enthusiasm. With today's negative moments (so to speak, ha!) I think I'm in desperate need. Then again it is Monday and some fun shows are on today, so hopefully they'll distract me.
Though until then I'm literally cooking...food that is. I'm trying to keep up on my Turkish cooking. Have I ever mentioned that I actually love standing in the kitchen?! I do. Ok, not all the times, but I do. Today is such a day. I'm just taking a little break here. The main reason why I'm doing this today is that I miss good food, made from scratch, at home and not just in a restaurant (and we all can figure out at some point that not everything you get in a restaurant actually is also made right there...)...
So...what am I cooking?! Meatballs. What, that's all?! Yes.
Ok, Turkish meatballs (big ones...not as big as a burger but almost) with lots of onions, garlic, fresh herbs, bread and this time put in an oven. They're in there right now. Just put them in. We'll see how that one turns out. Positively I hope. ;)  I'll keep you posted.

At the end they should look like the picture below...not as dry and with tomato sauce...

And what did I do to distract myself today in order to ignore the fact that my hand hurts, and my knee sort of was constantly bleeding?! I'm telling you, it was one of those bad days...I have no idea what's wrong, really! :(
Well, besides the chicken-youtube video, I watched documentaries on US cities. It was on TV, and I didn't want to watch any but stopped when I saw San Francisco's skyline...and well, two hours later I knew a tiny bit more why I love the West Coast and why I will always return to that side of the world. But, apparently I haven't seen it all...so this made me curious about my still-in-the-process future. California, Oregon or Washington?! Hmmm...

...so until then I get back to my cooking, back to my TV shows, and back to the fact that I'm totally into Halloween (as every year again)...

Happy Monday (may yours be a lot better than mine)

picture credit: flickr

2 comments :

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

At least you have a sense of humor. Ah ha. : )

Unknown said...

Hope your having a better Tuesday! Have a sweet day! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...