November 19, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday - Thanksgiving

 
1.   My Thanksgiving plans this year will include  last minute packing, and eating some turkey and whatnot because well, living in Europe it's not really something that's celebrated. For the past few years though I always came up with something that would somehow come close to a traditional Thanksgiving meal. :)

2.  My favorite Thanksgiving was   (and this may sound bad now) while traveling up to San Francisco and skipping it all!! I was fed up with school and tons of paperwork, needed a break from all those people around me and the stress that that particular Thanksgiving day had in store for us so I ended up buying a bus ticket (yes yes!) and spent a few days in SF with friends. Best time ever!!

3.  My signature Thanksgiving dish is    something I still have to figure out. No one's gonna be eating anything this year, but I'm trying to make my very own stuffing and mashed potatoes...somehow. Maybe one day someone will appreciate it. :)

4.  My favorite Thanksgiving food is   stuffing (obviously I could eat it all year round) and turkey.

5.  Thanksgiving free association!     stuffing (yes, I love that stuff), turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, movie time, tons of leftovers for later on, and family/friend around the table.

6.  Thanksgiving is     time to pause and be thankful for all the things we have. It sort of marks the beginning of real winter and an invisible countdown to enjoy the last weeks of the year.

7.  I am thankful for    family, who always sees the best in me no matter what, for friends *far or near*, and for my health. I'm thankful for clean water, food, coffee, and heaters in the house. I'm thankful for being alive and breathing every minute, and for having a future. I'm also thankful for cute clothes, inspirational music, traditions, books, and possibilities waiting for me and for everyone else around me. This could go on, but I won't...it's little things that make up my list...even my daily alarm clock making sure I get out of that oh-so-sweet dream and get on with the day. We may take it for granted, but in all honestly we shouldn't.

For more fun answers, and if you want to play along...just go on over to Lauren's. :)

In other news...today is a hectic day.
Not only do I have to help clean everything but I also have to help prepare tons of finger food for this evening. Mom's got family over (or how she calls it, 10 people you also know!) and we sort of get all together as a pre-Christmas, pre-winter, farewell-gathering. It's something she does every year, so it should be a no-brainer. Nope. Wherever I am I get a call from her asking me if she should do this or that or buy this or that and then ends up not doing or buying any of what she just bothered me with. :( Tonight can only be fun, huh?

Happy Friday.
Off I go...attempting to help...maybe!

xoxo,

♥ Selma ♥

5 comments :

Kit said...

I love stuffing too!!!!

Kimiko said...

ditto on the stuffing as well...I've been dreaming about it:)

Lindsey said...

yes grean beans are must!! you have a new follower, and your HEADER is superb! too cute!

k said...

I hope you have fun at your get together tonight!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that you're going to be able to eat some Turkey before your trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...