November 1, 2010

Happy November

How was your Halloween!!!???

...my pumpkin would look very much like this one! :) Pics via tumblr

Hmmm...I think the closer we come to saying good-bye to 2010 the more ridiculous my thoughts become. I'm having a real hard time getting used to a new month. I mean, wasn't I just in Philadelphia enjoying warm spring weather and having a blast at baseball games, chasing mice around, enjoying BBQs and such?! Wasn't I just working my butt off at a very unpleasant work environment that made me question every move I made and every thought I had? Wasn't I just in London? Or Germany? Where did this year go? Slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww down please!!!

So, happy November to everyone out there.
Embrace it. Because in two months we will welcome a new year, with a new number and a whole new twelve months ahead of us. Kinda makes me think we're lab rats running in circles. Kidding, we're not but it sort of feels like it. And wow, in less than a month Thanksgiving will be over, and Christmas will pretty much just be around the corner. This reminds me now to get my boxes ready and put in all the wrapped stuff, so I'm done with that. And yes, I do have to get my suitcase out of its protective and warm room because I have to start packing, too. Crazy to think about it. Not sure what kind of clothes to bring but oh well...there are plenty of stores waiting for me if I fail in that department. ;)

What I wanted to do today was actually list a few things that made me happy this past weekend, and what I'm gonna do in the next few days. Not that this is a lot because let's be honest and write it down...my life is boring and dull. I don't do anything. Ok, I read. And I watch TV. I fail at the exploring part. Because, well there isn't much to explore anymore. That's where my big city thing comes in...wish we had China Town or at least a place with a giant Farmer's Market so I could go there...but nope.
And today, it's not only November 1, but it's a holiday...one I loved when I was in school, because it meant no school for us. Never really cared for its real meaning. Today?! I would have stayed home (again) and finished my book but I'm heading to a bigger city for some coffee, breakfast, lunch and shopping time. Not that I need to shop or drink coffee in another city but the change in scenery may just be what I need for a day. So, here's my list...:

♥  Halloween
♥  Twitter (yes I know, silly, but it made me laugh a lot over the weekend, and appreciate people around me!)
♥  Scary movies (!!!!!)
This site
♥  Massimo Dutti
♥  Eye Candy on TV ;)  *I may share some later this week or so*
♥  Ray LaMontagne's Let It Be Me
♥  Thinking about my trip back to my favorite state ever!!

Happy Monday everyone.

I so need coffee right now.

xoxo,

♥ Selma ♥

4 comments :

Melissa said...

I completely agree, it's hard to believe that it's already November. This year flew by... it's kind of sad, but I'm excited to see what the rest of the year has to bring. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of that clothing line that you linked at the bottom. Is it mainly a european line? it seems like they have some great stuff. We need more places like that here! And holy cow, nov 1, what in the world?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

This year feels like it has flown by!!! When do you leave for CA? How exciting!

Meghan said...

I cannot believe that November is here! Your post totally put it in perspective for me - I feel like we were just celebrating Christmas yesterday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...