February 15, 2011

Run Spring Run

For the past few days we've had quite gorgeous days...lots of sunshine, sunsets starting around 5.30 pm (which makes me think of sunsets starting at 9.30 pm...yay!!!), blue skies, no clouds, birds chirping, glove-less days and jackets that didn't need to be zipped up all the way. Loved it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Today, it's back to gloomy, gray and windy February again. No rain (or snow) in sight although that could change any minute. Weather in general has been very unpredictable for the past two years so you never know. Spring right now, is running away...just like Forrest Gump did. Ok, weird connection I know but I just saw my title and well, it's what it is. However, to make spring return again, or at least make an appearance that lasts let's say until May, I thought I'd share some pics I took at the mall. Yes, indoors. Lame, I know - but it brings spring closer to us, no?! YES.


Not the best pictures, I apologize. My cellphone camera is not the best. However, it's better than no pictures, and no phone. So I stop complaining. :)

On a much brighter update...as much as I'm struggling with the fact that I quit my job last year I learned that everything - no matter what - has a reason. My leaving last year, the fact that I doubt and second guess my steps every single day, and my future still being all in the open is not something I want to talk about and once I do, talk about lightly. It's the worst and heaviest topic I can think of right now. I know there are worse things out there, and I know a few people that are sick and deserve healthy moments and positive vibes much more than I do...but this unknown feeling of mine that leaves me useless and lonely is not an easy topic. Don't worry, I think I'm doing okay. I will find my way, as so many of you pointed out and do support me on this. I know I will. It's not going to happen next week but it will happen and once it does I'm going to be a girl looking back at things with a gigantic smile.
Today was one of those days that helped me smile. I learned that my old work place is going nuts!!! People get fired, the main person in charge has no clue whatsoever about this business and is spending and spending and nothing comes back in, people are unhappy, and the main boss (which should be in charge) is slowly pushed aside. His power is gone and he has no say in anything whatsoever although he would know the business and be of great help. I wasn't entirely shocked to hear this I have to admit. Moreover, I do have to confess that I just stood and listened in awe as a former colleague of mine explained what has been going on. I felt proud of my behavior, of my inner sixth sense that I left when I left. 


Happy Tuesday!!!
Thanks for reading. ;)

xoxo,

♥ S ♥

6 comments :

Unknown said...

That's awesome! You had some seriously good intuition to leave when you did. That's good, and a good sign that you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, and that you have a great idea for what you should be doing in the future. I swear, we have such similar weather. It's been SO nice here lately, but it's supposed to snow again later this week. Boo.

k said...

That's crazy about your work place!!And sad :( And don't worry you shall find your way, my future is kind of wide open too!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Wow these are such beautiful flowers! p.s. LOVING the wedding dresses you posted in your last post... *sigh* :)

xx said...

so pretty! xx

Sierra said...

i'm glad things turned out the way they were supposed to and that you followed your instinct about the job! everything will turn out fine and you are going to find something that you love! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I firmly believe that everything does happen for a reason! From the way your former work place sounds, it's a good thing you got out of there when you did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...