June 21, 2011

Random Tuesday!

Thank you all for the good, positive vibes sent my way. Keep them coming. Positivity is what we all need. No?!

Well, Monday was quite an interesting day...not just busy but also quite sunny. Summer finally returned, but this afternoon it's supposed to be raining like crazy again, so let's hope I make it home dry and not wet again! :) Just in case, I do have my purple umbrella in my waterproof bag (yes, I learned my lesson).

I'm also slowly catching up on blog reading and came across a great post by a wonderful person. I'm sharing this with you because I believe this not only happens to her there, it happens everywhere. Even in your small town somewhere in Idaho, or in beautiful England, or tiny Switzerland, Japan, or magnificent Australia. It happens. We may not be aware of this, we may not even notice. Though it happens. Her post reminded me of an encounter I had years ago and I can truly and fully understand the anger, the rage that's kept inside. Been there, big time. So I felt like sharing her post with you because I think it's beautifully written and tells it all. Hugs to you Sara, and I know hugs don't make it better!

In other news, I'm obsessed with the following song. Sorry.



More Istanbul pictures will be posted soon.
I have just been a bit overwhelmed with life and future plans and all.
Things will hopefully get back to normal. Somehow!

Photobucket

9 comments :

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Adele is AMAZING. Enough said.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sara's post broke my heart. Why must such vulgarity exist?

Swissy said...

Sara's post is tough. There are a lot of disgusting men like this in this whole world. They should be locked up!!

Looooooove Adele. I'm also addicted to this song. Also I love love love her song "don't you remember" and "one and only", WOW. Her voice is amazing and I listen those songs all the time until I can't hear it anymore ;)

Amanda said...

This song just gets me in the gut every time I hear it. LOVE ADELE. Unfortunately, what you said is totally true. This happens way more often than we want to admit and although I optimistically hope that someday it won't...I just don't know.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I adore that song. Thank you for posting the video. :)

Silver Strands said...

Hi Selma ... It's so nice to meet you. I just found your blog and veery much enjoyed scrolling through it!

Unknown said...

Adele! I'm so sad that she had to cancel her tour starting with My city for her laryngitis. Boo.

Sara said...

You are such a beautiful person, Selma :)

Thank you for sharing!

It is such a sad thing that this happens everywhere, you would think that as the world progresses, men would think higher of women, and how far women have come. Respect as I walk down the street is a right, a natural right.

Hugs to you, beautiful

Sierra said...

Thanks for sharing Sara's post love - so sad and heartbreaking. A woman deserves to be loved in all aspects.

You know how much I love Adele and if I haven't told you - I LOVE this song!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...