October 18, 2011

What I've been up to

...I hardly recognize myself. I love to write, and share with you what I've been up to but I hardly find time to sit down and do anything else besides my redundant studies and researches. I never thought I'd have such a hard time settling in, getting used to everything and all. I had too much fun enjoying life and now school work is driving me nuts. Wish I could just find a job that pays well, that makes me happy, and just allows me to be myself and live life as much as even possible. Oh well...gotta dream, right?

Either way, I thought I'd sit down once I have time or the energy to do something else and well, here I am sharing some photos with you. Some of you may recognize these, but I still wanted to share some "me time" with you all. I think it's okay for me to do so, right?

 Not the best shot but I had some Sushi with my bestie, Sierra
Hmmm, now I'm kinda hungry again.


You know, when you are bored and you have no idea what you are doing and where you are...or you do but you have to wait until you can get in...all you have to do is take out your phone and camera and take some fun shots... :)

 That was Friday night's dinner...they guys went to a game, the girls went to have some yummy food. :) 

Hmmm, I think that's supposed to be me. I love this shot. Thanks Sierra for a fun day and a great new profile pic of moi. ;) 

A friend of mine made these from scratch. Thousand times better than from a so-called coffee shop. Trust me, they were delicious...we ate 'em all. Fast.

Can never get enough of these paws. They are so soft it's ridiculous. 
They just need to be trimmed and cleaned like every day. Grrrrr.... 

This pretty much sums it all up.
I've been incredibly busy.
Yes, busy is good.
However, busy can also be terrible, and I happen to just forget to drink and eat sometimes. Not at all good. So yeah. I also try to find some time to just relax and do whatever I want to do and not what those professors want us to do. They may still think I'm 18 (hahaha, I so don't wish!!), and I am not. I'm old enough to know that there are better things out there and more important things, too, that make up life. Education is a fantastic value and a great tool to get ahead in life but sometimes it is not everything. It simply isn't. Life is the greatest teacher of all...and a PhD and all cannot alter this fact. Ha, my sole opinion, so if you disagree...I am fine with that. I really am.

Oh, and in the midst of all...I have been trying to catch up on blogs. Crazy me.
I may not always comment but you lovely bloggers out there just know I am enjoying reading you and nothing can stop me from engaging myself with some fun blog stories and all. :)
Thank you.

Have a brilliant day!!!!



11 comments :

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww hey sweetie. So many things to do and so little time right? I love what you said about experience being the best teacher. That is so true. There are things in life that one cannot learn inside the four corners of the classroom.

Sara said...

I think we're the busiest girls out there! I know how it's like. I miss being able to have fun while not thinking "oh, I need to be studying"

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm reminding you to eat right now! Hahaha! I can help with that...I'm ALWAYS hungry! :)

Ashley said...

I think life is about finding balance and I am trying to find that too.

Are you working on a Masters?

I hope life slows down a little for you and you find more happiness throughout the day (I am wishing the same for my self).

A Life Un-Styled said...

I've been feeling that way a little this week. I'm doing a PhD but I must say I've been lucky to be able to balance things and I absolutely love what I do! But I get the forgetting to eat and drink!

You might like the PhD Thursday series that I do :)

I hope you are able to find more down time in the next few days <3

Unknown said...

love the new pics. very cute :)

it sounds like you're living the usual student life. good luck with everything!

Amanda said...

Oh, I remember those busy days :) I completely agree - all the classroom hours in the world can't replace actually LIVING in the world, ha!

Unknown said...

Selma I am so glad to read your blog again! You're right, being busy is good even if it drives you a bit nuts sometimes. That food is making me hungry for things I can't get here!

Val said...

I agree with you 100 percent! The food looks super yummy!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those cake pops look goooooood!

Sierra said...

Thank YOU for having fun with me!! We had such a blast and always do - so thankful to have you!! :) That's a good sushi shot and I didn't even realize you took it, he he!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...