December 6, 2011

Homesick


Yes, I am homesick. Just a little bit but enough for me to go onto sties and find out how even more gorgeous my city back in Europe is. Crazy, huh? Where was all this beauty when I was there? Really? Not fair. However, just thinking about the cold winter temperatures...I am happy I am in California. Thank you.
above photos via Luzerner Zeitung Online

Besides this quite gorgeous ice skating rank...today, is also Santa Claus day! Yes, it is. And somehow I think it's a lot better to have this day on December 6 than having him come in for Christmas. Don't hate me now but it's just my opinion. Every year I chuckle a little just because to me, Santa Claus will be part of December 6...and so not coming through a chimney. ;) Ha! Then again, who wants such a Santa and his helpers to come in on Christmas?! I certainly don't!

Isn't Santa's helper scary?! I'm certainly no fan of his...but these helpers encouraged us to behave more, and work more on our good behavior throughout the year...otherwise Santa would know and December 6 would not be a fantastic day!

Santa photos via Luzerner Zeitung Online

Yes I was scared of December 6. Santa and his helpers would come to school and visit classes, walk through the city, and his helpers just looked incredibly scary...especially when you are about 8 or 10 or 15 or even 25! Ha!! Worst was, when the helpers were friends of mine and waited until they'd spot me on the street...fantastic. Little Selma definitely got scared (regardless of age!). But for the record, I was never scared of Santa although he certainly had some power over me...just his helpers always caused some heavy chills.

This is the only thing I am not missing. I love the holiday season and I am quite sad I don't experience it with familiar places and with my mom whom I miss daily...but today is a day I am happy I am not walking through Luzern. Thank you! 

Happy Santa Claus Day!!!

8 comments :

Alexa said...

Hahaha. Yeeeah...a little scary. But it is hard not being with the family on Christmas! xo

Christianna said...

Santa Claus day looks like great fun! Santa's helpers look like the should be Satan's helpers, just saying! Who though those guys were cuter then elves?

Sorry that you're feeling homesick :(

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my goodness lol.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

What the eff?! Santa's helpers are scary!!!! lol I'm literally creeped out!

Your city is so, so beautiful!

Ashley said...

Santa's helpers are REALLY scary!! AHHH! haha. Luzren looks GORGEOUS.

Jami - XOimagine said...

Gorgeous images! So wintery! Helpers look like they are from Twilight!

XO - Jami
Imagine Design Blog

A Life Un-Styled said...

That is creepy! I start missing my family in Fiji a little more during this season...but I love spending Christmas in new countries!

Sierra said...

I bet you do miss Switzerland during this time of year. Hope you can go back home and visit soon. I'm sure your mom misses you just as much girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...