January 31, 2012

Restaurant Week

Most of you I'm sure have heard of Restaurant Week.
I learned of this amazing event about three years ago in Philadelphia and loved the idea, and now I got to enjoy some yummy food here in Orange County, too. Orange County's Restaurant Week doesn't start until February 26th but Newport Beach had its own little restaurant week so we went. I just couldn't say no to that! Because, ya know, I love food...

We went to Chart House and had a blast.
Our server wasn't the happiest (sorry dude, but you are not made for this business, trust me!!) but this could not stop my excitement to eat yummy salmon and try from my friends' dishes, too.

 
First though we had some appetizer that we just had to devour slowly....it was that good. :)


And then the main dish came, and I was so excited I forgot to take a picture of my own dish...the salmon. Just imagine a gigantic piece of fish, on top of a mustard, black pepper sauce (or something like that - I just wanted the sauce in the end it was that delish!), and homemade mashed potatoes (weird combo but it worked so well I freaked out...hence my excitement and the fact that I forgot to take a picture!).



The breaded shrimp with mango salsa and honey-ed beans was just as delicious...and the beef medallions with such an amazing onion sauce...hmmmm, is it weird that my mouth is watering again?!

These pictures aren't the best (I know I suck at taking phone pictures!), but hey, did I mention the food was awesome? And I was excited and hungry, too?! I just had to quickly take a photo and then fill my stomach! 

Oh, and I forgot to take pictures of my friends' lava cake, and my mud pie ice cream! That's how excited I was...really!

Let's hope I make it to Orange County's Restaurant Week and actually take pictures of everything I ate, or shared, or whatnot...
...I'm already excited!!!

And BYE January...you were an okay month!
Just saying!



13 comments :

Claire said...

oh now you just made me hungry again and i only just had a roast dinner!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Charthouse is the BEST!!! I used to work at the one in Newport Beach :) I was a happy server haha! Everything you ordered looks amazing. Good choices

Meghan said...

I love RW! Ours is in a few weeks here in Chicago and we have three reservations that I am super pumped about!

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

This is the first I've heard of OC Restaurant Week....THANK YOU! I am so exciting to try some out!!!

Alexa said...

Charthouse is so so good. We have it just up the highway in Cardiff. LOVE!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Man I JUST ate and yet I'm getting hungry all over again!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

All of that looks SOOOOO good!

Unknown said...

oh man all of that just looks amazing! I've never made it out to a restaurant week thing yet, but I'm definitely planning on it this year (I hope!)

the best dishes are the ones you forget to stop & take pictures of :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

OH MY GOSH... my mouth is watering!! YUM!!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That looks soooooo yummy!!!

henning love said...

oh man all that food looks so yummy!! i wish the town i lived in had a restaurant week it sounds like a great experience

Unknown said...

I'm literally drooling right now.

Sierra said...

Yummy. I did this with BK last year. Was so much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...