July 31, 2012

Packing


Today I realized I am having way too many clothes. In fact, way too many that I wish to take with me and that hold a place in my heart or make me feel very comfortable. Unfortunately, sometimes, we change. Life changes and with that our taste and what we like/dislike. As I am packing my suitcases again I am also slowly throwing things out. My closet feels already lighter, but not light enough. I am holding onto too many things. 

What is your best way to get rid of clutter/clothes/shoes/bags/whatnot?

I used to look at clothes that way: If I did not wear it for a year, or haven't even considered touching it or trying on it's time to let go off that item. If I did not wear it for a year I am certainly not gonna wear it now or in a year either and it just takes up space in my European closet.

One of my suitcases is already stuffed. Hmmmm....a second one will follow. This is going to be awful. Very very awful. Although I should be used to this kind of traveling by now I think I never fully learn my lesson.

Help.


9 comments :

Abigail said...

I am so terrible at getting rid of clothes, even when I haven't worn them in ages! Let me know if you find a good method of getting rid of stuff!

xoxo Abbie
http://abbiesilva.blogspot.com

Test said...

I say that if you haven't worn it in at least a year it has to go... Out with the old!

Lacey in the City said...

I know that feeling! When I left the East Coast, I absolutely purged my closet and everything else I owned. A totally liberating feeling!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I figure if I haven't worn something during its appointed season then I get rid of it. I hate hoarding clothes.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I get in these moods where I just purge everything, but it in a bad and bring it to GoodWill that same day and never look back!

Jessi said...

I've only ever moved across town or to another town in the same state, so this moving-across-the-country thing has thrown me for a loop :P Oy. I feel your pain!
xoxo J

A Life Un-Styled said...

Hey lovely, it's always a challenge, I have stuff in three different countries but now I'm determined to buy few quality/designer pieces instead of lots of little bits and pieces from department stores etc. I'm not too bad about culling clothes but shoes...I'd cry for days if I had to! Good luck lovely xoxox

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I am SO bad at getting rid of things :( I literally have closets full of clothes (at my place and my parents') filled with stuff I don't wear.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Girl, I am the WORST at packing and getting rid of things. I have found this out in the recent weeks. I too find myself wanting to hold onto clothing for certain sentimental reasons.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...