August 19, 2012

Disneyland Hotels in Anaheim - Pack Your Bags & Never Stop Dreaming

Hello! It's Sierra from Ocean Dreams blog! 
It's nice to be blogging here on Selma's blog land again! :)

So earlier this week Selma and I went to Downtown Disney, which happens to be one of my favorite places to visit. Of course I would have loved for us to go to Disneyland too, but with the tickets being so expensive these days we had to forgo Disneyland and just hang out at Downtown Disney. Which, was still lovely of course. 
While Selma and I were at Downtown Disney we stumbled across the Grand Californian Hotel, which was quite lovely! We went inside to initially search for a restaurant, but we ended up in the lobby where we were in awe of the design and layout! I told Selma after seeing this hotel that I had decided that for one of my birthdays I was going to have a girl's weekend and stay at one of the hotels surrounding Disneyland. Of course I'd love to have this happen for my upcoming 28th birthday (I'm turning 28 next month), but the rumor is that you have to book these hotels months (or even a year) in advance so maybe for my 29th or 30th birthday?! Lol.
A little history surrounding this hotel: the architectural style of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa is based on the Arts and Crafts movement that dates back all the way from the 1900s. This stunning hotel has dark wood panelings, a large and gorgeous fireplace hearth, plenty of rocking chairs, sweeping cross beams, and loft ceilings that are breathtaking. All that was missing from this enchanting hotel were fun decor elements such as logo fountains, which would look amazing with the Disneyland logo across the front of the fountains! :)
Of course who's kidding; I'd rather go to the Disneyland Hotel!! In fact, it's always been a dream of mine to stay there. I've been inside of the hotel several times, but have yet to actually stay there. I also have hung out in one of their huge ballrooms when I picked up my half marathon stuff for the Disney half marathon a few years ago, and ever since then and even prior to that, I've always wanted to stay at this lovely hotel. After all, it's the happiest place on earth, right?!
The Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California is an older hotel, but very well decorated and unlike the Grand Californian Hotel, it's filled with Disney decor everywhere. I've read that the Grand Californian Hotel has hints of Disney elements inside of it, but obviously The Disney Hotel is made to feature Disneyland so it has a lot more Disney themed decor pieces and even Disney themed rooms. In particular I'd love to stay in the penthouse and luckily I came across some images via MouseSavers.com. Just check out the penthouse, Mickey everywhere, and the round bed!! Can we say amazing?!
I don't want to know how much it costs to stay in the penthouse, but I am loving the Mickey themed design! The desk area is my favorite, with a sketched Mickey who perfectly takes over the wall. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to pack up and stay there tomorrow or ASAP for that matter. I know for certain that I will be staying at the Disneyland hotel one of these years and when I do I will be going to Disneyland too! I can't wait and you better believe that Selma is coming! You all are invited too, but I don't know how much room I'll have, unless I stay at the penthouse! :) But either way, the Disney princesses never stop dreaming, so neither will I!

7 comments :

Shelley said...

I used to hang out in the lobby with friends sometimes and drink their yummy hot cocoa. We had passes in high school so that's one of the places we hung out :)

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

disneyland is my absolute favorite! i was raised on disney, my grandma and uncle both worked there and even though my grandma retired she has a pass that still gets us in free :)

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Why Girls Are Weird said...

AHHHH. I want to go!

Sierra said...

Thanks so much for the guest post girl, now I want to go back asap! :)

Thelma Frayne said...

Love the guest posts Selma... looks like you two had sooooo much fun! x

Nicole Marie said...

i love the grand california. i stayed there with some girlfriends for a birthday when we were younger. its so nice but still family friendly and comfortable. christmas time is the best with it all decorated and the tree

Unknown said...

I haven't been to disney since I was about 5. I'd love to go back and see all of this again. These hotels look amazing! Are they very expensive?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...