January 27, 2014

Monday Morning Gossip - SoCal January


I feel you out there on the East Coast and Midwest and even in the South. You have snow, you experience no school days, and stay inside while it is snowing and blowing ice cold winds outside. I really feel ya. I have been there. Sometimes I do wish I could go back to that freezing winter life. A few seconds later I decide to go to the beach though. Yes, that's my feet in the sand, my roommates flipflops, and my empty super sweet iced tea bottle...and yes, I know I cannot stand straight. Oh and yes, this was taken yesterday, January 26! Just saying.

This was my weekend. I went to the beach. I watched surfers wrestle with high and strong waves, watched some birds, the sunset in the haze and walked through sand in flip flips and rolled up jeans. Sorry for rubbing it in. Well, no I'm not sorry.


However, trust me...enjoying life away from where I grew up has its disadvantages, too. I miss my mom, my friends, and things I grew to love and see as traditions in food, in celebrating something, or just accept to be part of life somewhere else. Skype or FaceTime are just not the same. They are fantastic don't get me wrong but they aren't everything.

SO, if you have your family close by (even four hours away by car, or a quick flight away) cherish it. Embrace it. Don't complain but accept it as something other people don't have - intentionally or not. I have friends who complain about their moms being far away...like 1 hour away. Hmmmmm.....NO - that's so not the same. So not.

So, with that being said....Hope your Monday has been good.
It's been a stressful day...lots of studying, explaining, arguing, and fixing - good news is, I can buy music again. YES. Thanks to the lovely and very nice tech support of iTunes...he totally made my day!!!

Linking up with Leeann and Kimberlee today.
You should, too. :)

xoxo


3 comments :

Meghan said...

I would give anything to be at the beach right now! I've always wondered what it would be like to live in a warmer climate during the winter!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I def take my family for granted, especially now that I am living with them. And the beach too. I've lived in SoCal my whole life and go so little. I need to change that. We should plan a beach trip ;)

Thanks for linking up!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I totally get this. It's SO hard being away from family but being in CA does have its advantages!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...