January 6, 2014

Week 1 - Monday Morning Gossip


This is probably the last Christmas decoration I will post or even take for this month. I mean in about ten months we will start decorating again, so I should step back and stop the Christmas cheer for a while. This wreath was taken in Long Beach on Saturday. We drove from OC to Long Beach to go to Starbucks. Yes, Orange County has this lovely overpriced coffee house on every corner but it doesn't sell the mug we so desperately needed. So, we called the first shop in Long Beach and they had it. Needless to say we drove there, parked, got the mug, ordered a drink too, and drove back. Luckily I was able to take a photo before we left again.

Before we spontaneously drove north, I met up with two of my favorite ladies. We had a girls' day out and decided to go to Istanbul Grill. I am half Turkish so naturally over time I miss Turkish food. My friend M told me that there's a restaurant near us so we decided it was time to check it out. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly, attentive, and the food was beyond delicious. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying this because I missed the food. I've had Turkish food outside of Turkey before and it wasn't all that, but the dishes we ordered at Istanbul Grill were amazing. We had Ayran, Dolma, Borek, spicy Ezme, two lamb stews, a lamb skewer, rice pudding, one Turkish coffee and tea (free refills). We had leftovers, and I had mine on Sunday. Still so very delicious. I cannot explain. I cannot wait to go back!


Excuse my puffy hair and the leftover bags next to me...but here we are - full and happy! What more does a restaurant want from its customers? Yes, to return and I can honestly say we will.

So, if you crave new food, Turkish food, or just want to explore a new restaurant and you happen to be in Orange County or Fountain Valley to be exact...make sure you stop by Istanbul Grill. It's delicious!

Happy Monday to you all.

Today I'm linking up with Leeann and her Monday Morning Gossip linkup. You should, too.

  

4 comments :

Unknown said...

sounds like sooo much fun =) ive never had turkish food but i bet its delish =) Im half panamanian and panamanian food is tasty too =)

luvz m
Simply Sutter

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I've never had Turkish food but now I want to try it! Glad your year if off to a great start!

Thanks for linking up :)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds good to me, I'd love to try it!

Unknown said...

Overpriced and OC, no? haha My mom starts the Christmas music in July so I'm usually over it before Christmas comes around.

Thanks for linking up and Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...