June 30, 2014

Love is in the Air


I have news my friends. BIG ones.
For starters, I officially left Orange County behind and moved up to Sacramento.
My favorite person and I both moved in, started unpacking, and making our tiny apartment home. There's still a lot that needs to be done so it really feels like home; all in due time though.
I have yet to get used to Sacramento. Change was needed. I am not sure if I am completely ready for so much change. Yet, the area we live in is gorgeous. It reminds me a lot of Pasadena. I feel like I am going to walk into some of the Walkers from Brothers & Sisters. Seriously, it's really really beautiful here. The temperatures however, ohmygosh, that is a different story. I am used to heat but this heat is weird and unfriendly.  All in all though, besides the terrible and unprofessional internet/tv service problem we have had, our first month in Sacramento has been good. Updates to follow, of course.

Second, I owe you a few updates...my Birthday Weekend for sure. :)

It was a fun and long weekend. I enjoyed it immensely, and loved spending time with close friends/family.
The photo below was taken at Thousand Step Beach in Laguna Beach. We had a fun day there, and got a little sunburned...and I still have the tan today. YAY.


And, since the title of this post is Love is in the Air...well...the BIG news is...
...I'm engaged.
Yes, my favorite person proposed and I said yes.
This has not just happened, it happened a while back in May and I had the hardest time keeping it to myself. Yes I waited this long. I know. Yet, some things just needed to settled in and be quietly celebrated. It has not fully set in yet that I am actually engaged to be married but soon it will. Some of you may think, wait, what? How is this possible when we never fully heard of him or any relationship whatsoever? Well, I mentioned him here and there, but never made it public. I am not one to boast, and I just don't feel like I needed to share details about our relationship to the whole wide world. I love it when others do, it is just not my thing. Hope this is okay.

But yes, that's the BIG news my readers...and that's also my Monday Morning Gossip. :)

Linking up with Leeann and Kimberlee.

top image via Pinterest

8 comments :

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Best Wishes on your engagement!! how exciting!! i couldn't keep that a secret so kudos to you. My in-laws live in Sacramento (Elk Grove) and it's a different world up there for sure

Unknown said...

Congrats Selma ! That's Great News !
Planning is so fun !
If you need help let me know!
xo
M
Simply Sutter

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yay yay yay! Excuse me while I dance around! I am so immensely thrilled for you Selma!

If you need any planning help let me know ;)

Marie said...

Wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!! Best Wishes!!

Best, Mree

Ashley said...

Congrats Selma! That is quite exciting! So many changes for you!!

Leia said...

Awwww, yay! Congrats, girl!! <3

Meghan said...

I am SO thrilled for you! Congrats! This is such exciting news, and I am so happy for you!

C said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...