July 30, 2014

Maple Apple Crisp!


I always wanted to try something new to cook or bake. I came across a dessert recipe that just looked and sounded delicious; plus it was easy to do, so I gave it a try and was head over heels when I tried it.


Here's what you need:

5 apples {I used red, the ones I had at home, but granny smiths will add some tangy taste to the sweetness} - peeled, cored, and sliced
3/4 cup pure maple syrup {again, I used maple syrup I use for pancakes; nothing special}
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of rolled oats {I used regular oats}
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup of butter, softened

As a gluten free living girl I used gluten free all purpose flour, and gf oats {yes, oats have gluten in them}

Here's what you do:

- Preheat over to 375F
- Put apples in a 8x8-inch baking dish
- Add the syrup, so the apples are coated.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, and then cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

Voila, enjoy your Maple Apple Crisp.

***

I used less sugar, and less syrup so the dish won't be as sweet with the red apples I had handy. If you absolutely love sweet stuff, then by all means, stick to this recipe. We enjoyed it very much, and I have to admit I even used some of it for breakfast because, well, Sunday mornings should be sweet!

xoxo

3 comments :

amanda @ as the wine cork turns said...

don't even worry about eating this for breakfast & feeling guilty because i soooo would too. looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I for sure need to try this apple crisp is my fave !
M♥
Simply Sutter

Meghan said...

Ok, I am SO making this when I get home! It sounds incredible!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...