May 29, 2015

Summer List 2015


For years I have made seasonal lists but always kept them to myself. I posted my first official list last year and I think I want to make this a regular occurrence. Seasonal lists are fun. They are filled with things I, or now we, would like to do during a specific season, whether it's trying a new restaurant, being creative, doing something we haven't done before, or going on a trip. 

Sometimes it is a little depressing to see the list barely even tackled. Life happens, and it can get the best of us. I believe that the effort counts, and with a list it is at least easier to go about a new project or trip or discovery. I am trying to accomplish most of what is on my list and thought I'd share it with you.  It will be fun to come back here, cross some things off, and create some fun memories along the way. Here's to a fabulous summer of 2015!! 
  • Travel to Europe to see my mom and a few friends! {unfortunately, this has changed but in a way I am in Europe right now, and I am seeing friends...but life has drastically changed}
  • Organize life and paperwork {so hard, my dear lovers...it's sooooo darn hard}
  • Return home to my favorite person {fingers crossed early July it happens}; {finally happened 7.23}
  • Bake a fruit pie
  • Make a yogurt pie
  • Go to the lake {did this almost every day in Switzerland; hopefully in California I'll do the same}
  • Go to the ocean
  • Go the farmer's market {update will follow}
  • Make sangria or mojitos or both
  • Read at least 6 books - two per month
  • Make popsicles
  • Happy Hour in San Francisco or near the ocean!
  • Go back to Napa Valley and enjoy some great wines and eateries {9/2/15}
  • Start growing our own herb garden {rosemary, basil, thyme and mint...we have the space!}
  • Go to the beach and make a two-day trip out of it
  • Visit Southern California if time allows
  • Make new friends
  • Explore smaller towns around the area
  • Spend a lot of time with family and Swiss friends {early July I went to Istanbul for a family reunion and wedding...long but wonderful weekend; update with follow}
  • Work out three times a week and not just once or twice
  • Prioritize life and cherish moments
*List updated as of 9/3/15 

Do you ever make seasonal lists? Would love to hear if you have anything planned for this summer since it's officially about to start! {Can you believe it!?}


As many of you know, my mom passed away almost one month ago. I cannot believe how fast time flies. I was able to see her, talk to her and assure her I am fine and happy. It was one of the hardest things I had to do in life. I had to let go of someone I love. I am not alone in this. One of my dear friends lost her mom when she was 16, and now even almost twenty years later it still hurts. I think this feeling will never fully vanish but we learn how to live with it and how it guides us in life. Mom would want me to live on and cherish each moment. I will with this list for sure. I always make lists, and today I think this list has an even bigger and better meaning!!!!

Happy summer 2015!!!!

xoxo
image via here

1 comment :

The Flynnigans said...

It made me happy to read this but sad as well. I wish to the heavens above that time would slow down; I can't believe it has already been w month. Time certainly does fly. I think you're learning to embrace what's thrown at you as best as you can, considering the sudden and tragic circumstances life has thrown your way.

Time doesn't heal wounds; you simply learn how to live with the loss, that horrible void. I will always long for the father that the was taken from me far too soon 29 years ago. I like to find comfort in believing that someday we'll be reunited with those that meant the most to us.

Stay well, hold your head high and take care of yourself my friend.

Love you!
Xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...