February 11, 2016

Chicken Pesto Bake


For months I have been following Tasty on Facebook. I love their creations. It always looks so easy, so delicious and so very inspirational. Guys, I gave in. I had to try a few things and hoped for the best. There is not much help there. Most recipes list every ingredient and step in detail, so with this I had to give my best and go with my taste buds and common cooking sense. In short, I ballparked it.

I did it.

I tried to create a Chicken Pesto Bake. It looked easy, and guys, it was so easy to make it made my day. Anyone can do this. Yes, even you believing the kitchen hates you or is after you for no real reason. The kitchen does not hate you by the way; you are always the boss! :)  It turned out so delicious we know for a fact that we'll be making this again and again and again.

Here's what you need:

- Chicken breasts {one per person is enough but you can use more}
- Pesto sauce
- Roma tomatoes {about four, cut in slices}
- Mozzarella cheese

Here's what you do:

- Preheat over to 400F {200C}
- Put the chicken breasts in a pyrex {or similar oven friendly dish}
- Optional: season with pepper and salt
- Cover each breast with enough pesto sauce {I painted mine green}
- Now put all the tomato slices on top of the chicken breasts; the more the better
- Add the cheese on top of everything {as much cheese as you would like; I used about 2 cups}
- Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes


Voila. Done. 
I served our chicken pesto bake with a small green salad on the side.
This is such an easy and very delicious dinner.

Yes, I know, my photos should be better BUT my man isn't helping me do this so cooking and taking photos at the same time requires four hands and sometimes I don't have that; well, I never have that. 

xox

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...