July 29, 2016

25 Healthy Habits to a Better You

Life to me is beautiful. I seek happiness and purpose every single day. Ever since last year my eyes opened up, and I had to wake up and learn that every day is a miracle and a new start. No matter what yesterday brought, today is a new day and tomorrow is not even written yet. This is easier said or written than done. It took me quite some time to work on this. I mean, yes, wake up each morning, take a shower, get dressed regardless of what the day brings...and start living. When you're in pain, when you're seeing dark it is very difficult to even take a shower, let alone get dressed or eat properly. I have been there, and I have no shame admitting this. It is who I am. I am not perfect, and no matter how others present themselves they aren't perfect either. Everyone has some sort of a battle to fight, and I had to fight mine. Part of me isn't entirely done with this battle and that is okay. Life is a process and we are always in progress. 

When you start looking at the entire picture and look for happiness and a way to better yourself, you start making lists. You create lists that help you focus, and work towards a great life. I came up with a list of 25 habits to work on right now to become a better person; to find that happy spark again. This list works for most people. There are more possible steps to improve oneself and live a healthier and happier life but this is for another time. Start slow, and stay determined to find a happier, healthier you over time. Each habit is important and has helped me tremendously.


1. Start each day fresh {take a shower!!!}

2. Drink {infused} water instead of soda or sweetened anything

3. Listen to you body

4. Wash your hands often

5. Don't drink and then drive; even if you only had a glass

6. Say NO when you mean NO

7. Protect yourself from the sun

8. Exercise daily {even if it is 5 to 10 minutes a day, or even if it is stretching only}

9. Don't jump to conclusions

10. Find a way to get inspired again {music, literature, art, film, crafting}

11. Create a weekly meal plan and cook at home

12. Do not compare yourself to others; ever!

13. Find a hobby

14. Put your phone away when you're with friends/family

15. Eat more fruits and vegetables

16. Sleep at least 7.5 hours every day {it's doable, believe me}

17. Explore nearby towns and cities you hardly know but should know

18. Choose quality over quantity

19. Pamper yourself

20. Get tickets for a concert, a comedy show or a ballet

21. Have daily quiet time {30 minutes is enough}

22. Sing or dance along to songs

23. Eat your favorite dessert once a month

24. Save money {spare coins, 1/3 of your monthly income, etc}

25. Be patient

Now wait a minute, how can saving money, exploring cities or putting your phone away be helpful in finding your happiness?! You focus on the now, and you focus on you. Saving money helps with creating a great future, or helps you out in the future when you need extra money. Exploring cities broadens your horizon and gives you a chance to expand your knowledge and leave your bubble {oh so important}. Focusing on people around you, on the right now, all while you're putting your phone away you can actually create friendships, learn from others, discuss life, and make connections that may or may not come in handy some day. It's the little things. Things that don't make sense on this list are probably exactly what you need to work on yourself. Feeling a bit impatient these days?! Sit back, think, and let it all be. Stressing over things, waiting impatiently for something to happen isn't always the best. Let timing be your friend. I learned this the hard way. I wanted to get back into the working field by October 1 last year. Hmmmm...it didn't work, and quite frankly it hadn't fully worked out this way for a few months after that. I grew impatient, I grew angry. I blamed others, I blamed me. I took time off from everything, and learned that impatience brings pain and unhealthy habits. I felt sick, and I had to sit back, relax and focus on me. Patience, over time, helped me to accept the season I was in, and accept that it wasn't my time to go back to work, and it made me realize I needed to work on myself before I could even get out into the real world!

This list has helped me tremendously, and I am still working on becoming a better version of myself. I want to create memories, and a fantastic life {it's never too late to start thinking this way} and by feeling stuck, by feeling I am not enough or by feeling bored and uninspired I cannot and will not create memories or a fantastic life. Healthy habits, when exercised daily, will guide and help you find a way to feel better about yourself and life!! They certainly have helped me. 

Here's to a happy rest of of this week, and a healthy weekend!!!!

xox

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...