August 10, 2016

Easy Hash Brown Frittata



Finding happiness has so many layers and comes in so many shapes. For me, food is one way to make me happy. I don't mean I am stuffing myself with thousands of different flavors. This would be nice but at the same time also very unhealthy. Food gives me pleasure. Food gives me idea. I love food, and when I discover a new recipe or find two recipes and combine them to make my own creation I am the happiest girl alive. Last week I tried something new. I have been emptying our fridge and freezer lately {and pantry of course}, so naturally I wanted to create a new dish for our household with ingredients we already had handy. 

This hash brown frittata is so easy to make and can be used as a breakfast dish or lunch or dinner. Brinner has become so popular these days, so why not use this fun hash brown dish for dinner as well?! We certainly did and loved it.

Here's what you need:
  • 1 pound hash browns
  • 1 tsp salt & pepper & paprika
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/3 cup whole milk {or regular} or heavy cream
  • 6 sliced bacon {I used 8}
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped {I have the pre-chopped one ready in the fridge, yes I'm lazy}


Here's what you do:
  • Preheat over to 350F
  • Season hash brown with salt, pepper and paprika in a medium sized bowl. Toss it so all is well distributed.
  • In a medium skillet cook the bacon, and set it aside. Remove excess fat from pan.
  • Heat oil in the same skillet. 
  • Spread the hash browns in the skillet so the entire pan in covered in hash browns.
  • Cook hash browns for about 7 minutes on medium. The bottom should become crusty.
  • In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, milk, chopped bacon and cheddar cheese together.
  • Pour mixture onto the hash browns in the pan. Spread evenly.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and eggs are cooked through.
  • Sprinkle with chives and serve.


Add ketchup or hot sauce for an extra kick, but is absolutely optional. 

This hash brown frittata is so simple. Best part is that only one pan is used, and one bowl. Less dishes, less clean up and less stress. YAY. Will definitely make this again.

What have you been cooking lately!!??

xox

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...